Still problems with ELF files

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Mar 26 21:55:00 UTC 2002

Hello Yan,

some debuggers have problems, because the various
RTEMS files are compiled from different base
directories. So the path to the sources are not
so easy to find for most debuggers. Do you see
symbol information in SDS? The maybe you should
teach SDS manually where the corresponding source
files are located (I don't know SDS, so I can't
tell you which commands to use there...)

bye,
	Thomas.

> Hello,
>
> I was told that output files compiled with the 'ppcn_60x' BSP are in ELF
> format.
>
> Using SDS SingleStep, I tried to change the GCC option '-g' with '-gdwarf' ,
> '-gdwarf+' , '-gdwarf-2' , '-gstabs' , '-gstabs+'
> But I still don't have any source code in the SDS debugger (I tested SDS
> with other not RTEMS ELF files and SDS works).
>
> Do you know if the output files normally ended with a EXE extension, are in
> fact really in ELF format ?
> Do you have any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you !
> Yan