RTEMS configuration problems

Wulf Hofbauer wh73 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 13 23:17:55 UTC 2002

Hi,

while trying to build the 20021111 RTEMS snapshot, I observed
several problems with the configure scripts.

o The --program-prefix option seems to be ignored. The
  configuration script invariably tries to access ($TARGET)-gcc.
  The order of the --target and --program-prefix options doesn't
  seem to matter.

o The environment variables CC_FOR_BUILD, CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD,
  CC_FOR_HOST, CFLAGS_FOR_HOST, CC_FOR_TARGET, CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET
  break configure. Example (in bash):
      CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-dummy ($SRC)/configure
  results in the configure script barfing eventually
      configure: CFLAGS=-dummy: command not found.
  and configure fails after that.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is configure really that
broken?

- Wulf