outstanding issues/PRs before release branch

Thu Nov 14 00:42:31 UTC 2002

Hi all,

We are preparing to fork a release branch and I ask your help
in doing so. Please look at ss-20021111 and report problems.
Also look at the outstanding problems in GNATS.  Go to
http://www.oarcorp.com/cgi=bin/gnatsweb.pl.  Anyone can login
as guest/guest. [NOTE: We track feature requests and gcc issues
in GNATS so don't think there are that many problems outstanding. :)]

In reviewing the outstanding PRs, I have decided that the following
PRs MUST be closed before a release can occur.  An * indicates
that it is in the RTEMS CVS module and I want to fix it before
I can insert a branch.

PR305 - examples have outdated Makefiles
PR239 - IDs not correct in all test screens

Desirable to fix:

PR309 - Solaris UNIX port does not build
PR77  - BSP manual reflect current automake/autoconf practices
PR288 - maintain ISR nest level on PPC BSPs
        (to support nested ISRs, each BSPs irq code
         must get this fix)
PR274 - Ada tests don't compile and link with shared init.o
PR275 - MP Ada tests always built

User help is appreciated in getting things tidied up.  Don't
think you can't contribute.  Making sure that documentation is in
its best possible shape, READMEs are accurate, etc is critical. Please
take this as an opportunity to contribute that one minor fix.

Thanks.