Reqeust for RTEMS applications was Re: RTEMS : Development ar eas

Grady, Michael mike.GRADY at ZELANA.com
Mon Nov 18 12:49:29 UTC 2002

Hi all
This is merely to list one commercial use of RTEMS

Zellweger Analytics uses RTEMS 4.5.0 in its Vertex(r) family of toxic gas
monitors.  (See
http://www.zelana.com/product_groups/FixedMonitoringSystems_13/Vertex/featur
es_benefits.html)

About 300 (so far) Vertex analyzers run RTEMS on a MPC850 PowerPC.

We selected RTEMS because it has open source, so that we can fix problems
instead of being dependent on a software vendor's schedule.  We use few of
the advanced features beyond the TCP/IP stack.  The upcoming RTEMS challenge
is to drive a USB video camera.  We have found RTEMS to be a satisfactory
operating system choice.

Michael J. Grady, B.S.E.E.
Software Engineer
Zellweger Analytics, Inc.
405 Barclay Blvd.	Lincolnshire IL 60069 USA
gradym at zelana.com	847-955-8462