RTEMS networking (RTL 8139)

Joe Samuel sjoe2 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 03:59:49 UTC 2002

Hi Sachin,
     thank you for your response. But I could know
that RTL 8139 is NE2000 compatible. When I changed the
bsp.h(#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME
BSP_NE2000_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME), the initialization
didn't hang, but I got the following messages:

Network device 'ne1' <00:D0:09:57:86:23> initialized
on port 0xC000, irq 5
Can't bring ne1 up: Too many open files on system
Can't set default roots: No such process
No routes!
Create socket
RTEMS: Can't create socket

    These messages give me some hope that there is a
workaround using the RTL network card itself.
I'm posting this to the RTEMS group also. Can anyone
suggest a solution?

BTw, is the address in the first messge supposed to be
my mac address?, but ifconfig return a different
address- 00:E0:18:37:3E:86 .

regards,
Joe