RTEMS networking (RTL 8139)

Ian Caddy ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 26 04:43:53 UTC 2002

Hi Joe,

When you build your application you must tell RTEMS how many resources
you require.

In the example that you showed, you are running out of file handles.
This can be increased by:

#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS  20

20 is just a number that I put in there, but you have to decide how big
you want it.  There are a bunch of other ones that you will require as well.

The C_UserGuide has information on these defines which need to be placed
in your application before the confdefs.h include file.  This is
normally contained in your init task file.

As to your mac address, the card may have a hardcoded mac address and
won't let you change it if that is what you were trying to do.  In this
case, when you read it back it will be the card's mac address and not
one you tried to put in.

I hope this helps,

Ian Caddy