Undefined reference to rtems_bsdnet_config

Sudheesh J sudheesh at atinav.com
Fri Nov 1 07:55:57 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Sherrill" <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com>
To: "Sudheesh J" <sudheesh at atinav.com>
Cc: <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Undefined reference to rtems_bsdnet_config

> > Sudheesh J wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >         Sorry for bugging you again. While trying to build a simple
> > networking app, an undefined reference to rtems_bsdnet_config was
> > produced.
>
> That's the network configuration file and it is up to you to define
> that structure.  See the networkconfig.h  file in the top directory
> of the network demos.

Thank you, once again. I had read
http://www.rtems.com/rtems/maillistArchives/rtems-users/2000/august/msg00028
.html. But I thought it had something related to my target architecture.

> > I'm using m68k bsk efi332.
>
> This BSP doesn't have a NIC driver.  Do you have a NIC on your 332
> board?

Well, no, for the time being. I've just tried a target BSP.

> SOunds like you need a driver.
>
> It is possible to use the loopback interface but that won't connect
> you to another system.

The loopback interface should suffice, at least for now.