pci tv card

shanehelms at eircom.net shanehelms at eircom.net
Thu Nov 14 16:05:40 UTC 2002

hello everybody,

ive installed rtems on my redhat. id like to write drivers for my pci tv card on it.

target and host are PII pc386.

couple of questions:
1. is there any concept of kernel and user mode in rtems or is it all in kernel mode?
2. im lost with the concept of region and partition, how can i read/write/copy to memory (ie something like memcpy function in linux)
3. how can i write/read register value of a pci device ?

what would be a good pci device driver example for me to start on ?

where should i start from and what documents should i read ?

regards,

Shane Helms