Anyone using ACE with RTEMS?

Fri Nov 22 13:59:22 UTC 2002

Vladimir Nesic wrote:

> On Thursday 21 November 2002 02:10, Phil Torre wrote:
> > first thing ACE does is create a POSIX condition variable, and then
> > does a pthread_cond_wait() on it with no other threads running.
>
> Check the way conditional variable is initiated. If it is:
>
>         pthread_cond_t cv = PTHREAD_COND_INITALIZER;
>
> it wont work (at least it doesn't for me). Try to change it to:
>
>         pthread_cond_t cv;
>         pthread_cond_init(&cv,0);
>
> This should work.

Well I can explain why this one doesn't work.  I found this comment
in the code:

/* XXX should support COND_INITIALIZER */

PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER is supported so if you need that
functionality,
it should be easy to copy the mutex initializer code to the same spot
on condition variables.  Look at the following files in cpukit/posix

./inline/rtems/posix/cond.inl
./inline/rtems/posix/mutex.inl
./macros/rtems/posix/cond.inl
./macros/rtems/posix/mutex.inl