as, cc, ld ... native or cross compiler? crt0.o?

Tito Costa tito at csl-mail.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 12 02:24:45 UTC 2002

hi there,

I'm working on a Solaris/SPARC host, my target is SPARC with Unix BSP.
I'm using pre-built compilers tools and RTEMS release 4.5.0.

When I try to run the crosscompiler on the simple C program suggested in
the doc (5.4 Verifying the Operation of the Cross Toolset) I get an
error because as command can't be found. So I linked it to
sparc-rtems-as in the crosscompiler's bin directory. Is that right?
Same thing with cc1, now linked to lib/gcc-lib/sparc-rtems/2.95.2/cc1

The same thing happens when I run the configure script in the building
procedure of RTEMS: cc and ld are not found. Are these supposed to be
the crosscompiler's programs too?

I assumed so, but I got this error while executing the configure script
(these are the last lines of build-rtems/tools/build/configure.log):

configure:918: checking for executable suffix
configure:928: cc -o conftest  conftest.c 1>&5
cpp: -lang-c: linker input file unused since linking not done
ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory

By the way, lines 918 and 928 of the configure script do not correspond
to the ones reported in the log. Actually I searched "conftest.c" in
configure and I didn't find it.

thanks

tito