as, cc, ld ... native or cross compiler? crt0.o?

Tito Costa tito at csl-mail.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 15 19:10:17 UTC 2002

Hello,

my native compiler works properly.

The crt0.o it's looking for is maybe the one in
<crosscompilerpath>/sparc-rtems/lib/crt0.o and
<crosscompilerpath>/sparc-rtems/lib/soft/crt0.o

since the file tools/build-rtems/sparc-rtems/c/make/config.log reports:

configure:1198: checking for sparc-rtems-gcc
configure:1242: checking whether the C compiler
(/home/tcosta/rtems/crosscompiler/bin/sparc-rtems-gcc  ) works
configure:1258: /home/tcosta/rtems/crosscompiler/bin/sparc-rtems-gcc -o
conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
cpp: -lang-c: linker input file unused since linking not done
ld: fatal: file crt0.o: open failed: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:

#line 1253 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

How can I tell the configure script to look into
<crosscompilerpath>/sparc-rtems/lib/
I tried with the option --libdir but it didn't work.
I didn't install the crosscompiler in the default /opt/gcc directory.

Thank you.

- Ti"i wish i could use linux"to