What tools to new snapsh (was: console -- serial console)

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Oct 24 11:57:58 UTC 2002

Am Don, 2002-10-24 um 13.39 schrieb gregmatu at poczta.onet.pl:

> >I have RTEMS 4.5.0 release and no this elegant tty_drv.:-(
> >
> >Unless you have some specific and good reasons (and if you're just
> >starting out you don't) you shoudn't work with this old release.
> >Use a recent snapshot instead.
> >It will also help others to answer your questions: sources move.
> >
> I have a question regarding to shapshot esp. newest snapshot.
>
> In file named readme or maybe used-tools of ss-20021007 is writen that
was used rtems-base-binutils-### and <CPU>-rtems-binutils-### rpms.

> Because I have freebsd not linux I found that there are sources of
required binutils - but only one file , not two.
Right.

> Do this are this two: base and processor specific in this one source
file?
Yes. The "base"-binutils-rpms are shared between all
"<target>"-binutils.
Both of them are simultaneously build from one binutils-source tar-ball.

> thera are not only binutils but also gcc-newlib in such 'situation'.
Yes. The same applies wrt. gcc and newlib.

One difference however, gcc and newlib are built simultaneously, from a
unified source-tree, and then split into several shared
individually.

IIRC, there is an explanation in RTEMS documentation somewhere (Getting
Started or FAQ)

Ralf