as, cc, ld ... native or cross compiler? crt0.o?

Tue Oct 15 22:02:50 UTC 2002

Tito Costa wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>   >
> > If you built it yourself following the instructions, the precise
> > prefix is not a problem.
> >

> > Can you try running this command: sparc-rtems-gcc -o conftest conftest.c
> > on this file:
> >
> > main() {return 0;}
> >
> > and let's see the output.  That is ually a dead give away.
>
> Same error about crt0.o
>
> ld: fatal: file crt0.o: open failed: No such file or directory
>
> Using -v option, I can see that native cc1, as and ld are invoked.
> This is the command that fails:
>
> ld -o conftest crt0.o crti.o crtbegin.o /var/tmp/cc7cI16l.o -lgcc -lgcc
> crtend.o crtn.o

Not good.  Did you install binutils in the same location before
doing gcc/newlib?  I can't see why the native cc1 would be used though.
Something is definitely wrong on the tool build.

> I found the directory containing crti.o, crtbegin.o, crtend.o and crtn.o
> but crt0.o is not there. there's a crt1.o instead.

You did successfully build from source, right?