RTCC, licencing issue & the ticker problem

Salman unix at gofree.indigo.ie
Thu Apr 3 00:26:50 UTC 2003

Hi Guys,

With thanks to all, I managed to successfully finish my final year
project aimed at implementing an RTCC (real-time compute cluster).

In simple terms, ported SCI drivers on RTEMS, and wrote a simple
application (with inclusion of shared lock) for cluster computing.
(on pc386 bsp)

I still have to tidy up the source code, but it shouldn't take long.

1. Unfortunately since driver includes some Dolphin SCI driver files, it
would, I presume, (overall) be GPL licenced.
Has anyone come up with any ideas as to what is best to do with these
GPL licenced stuff?
My suggestion would be for Joel to setup a page on his website
indicating the GPL (and other) licenced codes which are implemented for
RTEMS plus their source code.
In this way, we can have the RTEMS as before, but users are advised to
look at Joel's website for additional code with various licences.

2. I am still hacking around a problem which i'm experiencing with the
pc386 bsp and my drivers.
It seems that the ticker example is a shorter version which can
re-produce the problem (as discovered by Angelo Fraietta as well).
Has anyone been able to identify or resolve the problem? or is this
common to just Angelo and I?
(FYI my host is linux and I'm using RTEMS Version ss-20030128)

Thanks,

Salman