Rif: Re: Starting DDD in Cygwin

silverio.di at qem.it silverio.di at qem.it
Wed Apr 23 06:08:29 UTC 2003

Thanx, with script startx I'm able to run DDD in a xterm session :)

I've downloaded and installed the KDE3.3 for Cygwin and all run very fine,
so I can run DDD and use a term to compile RTEMS programs.

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

At this moment I use the new Motorola 5282 Coldfire CPU with a DBUG
monitor,
and I've planed to use the Fiddes BSP with the RTEMS 4.6.

However I'm very happy if someone could send me the binaries of GDB or
GDBTK (Insight) for Cygwin which implement the BDM debuggin interface.
(I've tried to apply the patch and compile but I obtain always errors,
perhaps
I've mistake to apply the patch, perhaps I've mistake the patch files, or
perphas
depends by fact that I use a W95 system).

Thank you in advance and for your help

Silverio Diquigiovanni

                      "Aaron J. Grier"
                      <aaron at frye.com>         Per:      silverio.di at qem.it
                                               Cc:
                      22/04/03 19.00           Oggetto:  Re: Starting DDD in Cygwin

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:16:31AM +0200, silverio.di at qem.it wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I've installed the latest Cygwin without problems.
> I've done the 3.3 DDD binaries for Cygwin without problems.
> I can launch X server with (' x ') without problems.
>
> But how can I launch DDD.EXE in X environment ?
> If I launch DDD before x I obtain:
>
> $ ddd
> Error: Can't open display:
>
> but if I run x before to ddd I don't know how to start DDD.Exe

from the prompt try

export DISPLAY=localhost:0
ddd

you should also be able to run ddd from within an xterm under the X
server.  try

startx

instead of running just the X server itself and you should get a window
manager under X which will let you launch xterms from within X.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com