MIPS

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 23 16:58:34 UTC 2003

Avinash S. writes:
 > Hello
 > I am using a MIPS IDT processor 332 . i have changed the p4600.cfg to
 > incude -mips2 rather than -mips3, as my cpu (32364) doesnt support
 > this .  However i have reached an error at clock.S saying that C0_COUNT
 > and C0_COMPARE are illegal operands. Do i need to make changes to the
 > idtcpu.h to make it work with this processor. If yes could anyone tell me
 > the things that have to be changed to support this cpu.
 >
 > Thanks in advance
 > Avinash
 > pS:I have read the articles on RC32300 on this mailing list

The MIPS cpu headers are kind of a mess but they're better than they
were a year or so ago.  However kludging an existing bsp to support
your processor is probably a bad idea.  If you want to support a new
processor (and therefore probably a new board), then creating a new
bsp (perhaps based on the p4000) is a better long-term solution.

Regardless, the header files use #ifdef's to select which definitions
apply, and since the tests usually check for mips1 or mips3, perhaps
you could enhance them to also/or check mips2 where necessary.  THe
various files are located in the cpukit/score/cpu/mips tree.

Gregm