4.6.0pre3 available

Mon Apr 28 13:56:45 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Mon, 2003-04-28 um 15.07 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> > Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> > > Afte installing the latest automake and autoconf, I got this working now
> > > in my app. I am using
> > > gcc-3.2.2-rtems-20030425.diff that Ralf sent me to stop the exception 6.
> > >
> > > Is there anything else I should be testing for this snapshot?
> >
> > Have you tried it with Loren's patch?
> Besides that Loren is the maintainer of this code, what makes _you_ say
> something like this? Don't ask me what I really think about it ;)
>
> Further, this is gcc-3.2.x and not gcc-3.3.

Correct.  I will ensure that a modified version of the patch is
checked onto the 3.2 branch and included with the RTEMS 3.2.x patches.

> Directing people to gcc-3.3 promisses is not a solution to our current
> problems, it is shifting problems to promisses. - IMO, gcc-3.3 still has
> far too many problems to justify such promisses, so ...

I wasn't trying to push Angelo to 3.3 for this.  I am sorry that I gave
that
impression.  He (and everyone else) should stick with gcc 3.2.x until
3.3 is out and stabilizes.  From the traffic on the gcc list, there
are still more than a few regressions.

For mips multilib issues, 3.3 was much better than previous releases the
last time I tried it.  gcc 3.3 gives me hope that 32 and 64 bit mips
targets can finally use the same toolset.