MVME2304 Exception 3
Paul D Jines
pjines at lsu.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:18:11 UTC 2003
We are trying to run RTEMS on a MVME2304-0143
and are experiencing Exception 3 errors. Any help or
advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
Our setup and problem description are:
- The card is a MVME2304-0143, which, if I am correct, is
the same as a MVME2308, a 2307 with twice the memory
(128MB). It is the only card in the crate.
- We are using the MVME2307 BSP, and have configured the
card as per the README.MVME2300 and BOOTING files.
- The exceptions occur while in the routine memset, called
from RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize. The strange thing is that
it occurs in both our build of small EPICS applications
and in Dr. Straumann's GeSys prebuilt binary (version
- We have tried several snapshots of RTEMS (our current
version is 4.6.0pre4 with the prebuilt 3.2.2 gcc, newlib
1.11.0-2, and 22.214.171.124-1 binutils). We have tried 3.2.3
and 3.2.1 gcc, but with the same result.
- The exception 3's occur most of the time, but maybe 10% of
the time do NOT occur and run the GeSys application. It
has never succeeded in running the epics applications.
- Our host platform is RedHat 8.0 Linux on an Intel Pentium.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what we are doing wrong?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide....
Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices
Louisiana State University
More information about the users