National Semiconductor DP83815 Ethernet

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 18 14:34:30 UTC 2003

Eric Norum writes:
 > I've found a PC/104 card which would be perfect for my application
 > except for one thing -- it uses an National Semiconductor DP83815
 > Ethernet chip which appears to have no RTEMS driver.  Has anyone out
 > there got experience with this chip? (and is willing to share.....)??
 > --
 > Eric Norum                                 norume at aps.anl.gov
 > Advanced Photon Source                     Phone: (630) 252-4793
 > Argonne National Laboratory

I had a quick look at the DP83815/DP83816 datasheets and they look
like fairly simple devices- about like the dec21140 order of
complexity.  LOTS simpler than the 3com in any event.  It should be
possible to adapt the dec driver, though it presupposes a PCI
interface which might taking a bit of fiddling to work around.

I'd be willing to do it, but I don't have a device and am sort of
swamped right now- but if you want to give it a try I'd be happy to
help.

Gregm