Licensing questions

Michael Kelly mike at cogcomp.com
Tue Aug 19 13:01:08 UTC 2003

Ralf,

Thanks for your insightful response.  It does indeed clear
up my confusion.  As to your last comment about the
value of a board without the source, it is absolutely
our plan to provide full source, but to charge a fee for
this and to keep the drivers (which we will do in house)
proprietary for a period of around 6 months.  After that
we will most likely contribute them to the community.  That
gives us some time to recoup the costs and get a head start
on our competition.  This seem to be a common model.  For
instance I know that Wasabi, who do a lot of NetBSD work,
do it  that way.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me resolve some
of these issues.

Regards,
Michael

Michael J. Kelly