Does somebody know the destiny of this item?

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 12 17:10:54 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Leon Pollak wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>     One month ago Till Straumann wrote about the bug in
>> 'new_exception_processing' code. Where there some actions about this
>> since that time or the problem exists in MPC860 BSPs?
>>

> The fix is in the libbsp/powerpc/shared code plus some tinkering in the
> score so I think the
> MPC860 BSPs are fixed.

I fixed all libbsp/powerpc/xxx  BSPs which are using new exception
processing, not only the 'shared' one - although I could test only
the 'shared' BSP. However, there are no real differences between the
affected files. Ideally, that code would be inherited rather than
copied...

Note that I also inserted a few lines of paranoia code into 'score'
(I believe) - so that an unfixed new-exception BSP will panic.

-- Till