telnetd - printk for sparc/leon

RUIZ CASAS, Fernando correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Fri Dec 12 15:07:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:00:59 -0500, Jerry Needell wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2003, at 2:57 PM, Fernando RUIZ CASAS wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:15:17 -0500, Jerry Needell wrote:
> >

> >> I am trying to use the telnetd daemon with the sparc/leon1 bsp
> >> (4.6.0pre5) but get the following error:
> >>
> >> [needell at needell telnet]$ make
> >> sparc-rtems-gcc --pipe
> >> -B/home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/ -specs
> >> bsp_specs -qrtems   -g -Wall  -O4 -g       -mcpu=cypress -msoft-float
> >>     -c   -o o-optimize/init.o init.c
> >> In file included from init.c:49:
> >> ../networkconfig.h:70: warning: initialization from incompatible
> >> pointer type
> >> sparc-rtems-gcc --pipe
> >> -B/home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/ -specs
> >> bsp_specs -qrtems   -g -Wall  -O4 -g       -mcpu=cypress -msoft-float
> >>         -o o-optimize/telnet.exe  o-optimize/init.o
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-dpmem.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-msg.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-mp.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-part.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-signal.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-timer.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/no-rtmon.rel
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/install/sparc-rtems/leon1/lib/
> >> librtemscpu.a(printk.o): In function `vprintk':
> >> /home/needell/leon/rtems/build/b-rtems/sparc-rtems/c/leon1/exec/
> >> libcsupport/../../../../../../rtems-4.6.0pre5/cpukit/libcsupport/src/
> >> printk.c:142: undefined reference to `BSP_output_char'
> >> ..... many more of the same
> >>
> >> I cannot find BSP_output_char defined for the sparc bsp. Any
> >> suggestions as to what I am missing or doing wrong woulde be
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> > I think that you need to suply the function in order to give a printk
> > a char function unknown
> > for your BSP.
> >
> > In pc386 it is supplied by default with a putchar in console.
> >
> Thanks for the response, Fernando! It seems so simple when you out it
> that way :-)
>   I found and example in one of the other BSP's and it seems to work.
> >
> >>  From reading previous posting and the source code, it seemed like I
> >> should be able to run the telnetd daemon by simply calling
> >> main_telnetd().   This is my real goal, if anyone can tell me how to
> >> start it, that would be appreciated too.
> >
> > Don't forget to call before to register telnetd ( in the same file
> > telnetd.c) in order to add the
> > shell command at the commands list.
> >

> I'm still struggling here. Do you have a brief example of how to set up
> a simple telnetd example? I get to run and when I connect from another
> system via telnet, it "connects", but immediately closes the
> connection. Great progress, but still not very satisfying :-)  I have
> not found any examples of how to set up the "shell". If yo have any
> suggestions, they would be most welcome.

Sorry, I don't have an example to help you.

Can anybody help him?

I think that all the people that uses telnetd could send you an example of configiration.

Bref:
 "netconfig.h" for the config
  includes the pty.c drivers in the drivers table.
  you can start directly the telnetd daemon in your init code without add a shell command.
  You have the choice.
  The shell lets you to start the telnetd by demand and controliong the tcp status before and after.

2 years are too many time.

I need to search it in the old linux box.

Sorry again.