Graphics

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Fri Dec 5 19:44:11 UTC 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 08:40:07AM -0700, Brett Swimley wrote:
> Also, I noticed an eCos version of  nano-X that used POSIX mqueues
> instead of sockets.  Are you using this or a derviative of this?

I wish.  (:  I was thinking of an implementation of unix-domain
socket(PF_LOCAL, etc, etc) under RTEMS, but if there's a patch for using
mqueues, that'd likely be easier.

the other issue for doing a separate client/server is that you'd have to
do some extra work to hide the server's namespace from the client, and
make sure that the existing client stubs are threadsafe.

so much nifty stuff to explore; so little time.  (:

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com