RTEMS and the --enable-multiprocessing ???

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 12 11:07:40 UTC 2003

Hi

I don't knwon really about multiprocessor on RTEMS but
you should try some more recent BSP and version of
RTEMS (4.6 pre 4), but I have some stupid question

Do you really need multiprocessing feature ?

Multiprocesing feature is for multi-processor hardware
not for create processes or threads in my mind.

Hope that's help

Cedric

pc686  bsp in
> the configure step...
> In the configuring I set the parameter
--enable-multiprocessing
> and when I make it I saw the error:
>
> checking whether BSP supports multiprocessing...  no
> configure: error: multiprocessing requested but not
supported.

> Then I configure it again without the
--enable-multiprocessing parameter.
> When I make it (make all install) evering thing
worked fine...

> One question:
>
> This means that I cant create processes or threads
in my future