RTEMS implements the whole POSIX.4 spec?

Wed Dec 31 00:25:22 UTC 2003

Alex wrote:

>Assunto  Does RTEMS implements all posix 1003.1b specification?

No.  RTEMS cannot implement the entire 1003.1b specification.  To do so
requires memory protection and full process support.  There are routines
like exec() and fork() which will never be functional.  They are there
now but
return ENOSYS.

RTEMS supports about 85% of the 1003.1b specification and supports
nearly all of the functionality that is possible without memory protection.
The primary missing things are pipes and asynchronous IO.

>Where could I find detailed information about this topic?

The RTEMS POSIX 1003.1 Compliance Guide
<http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0pre5/share/rtems/html/posix1003_1/index.html>
at
http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0pre5/share/rtems/html/posix1003_1/index.html
follows the outline of the specification and attempts to state the level
of functionality
available.  I am sure that like all other documentation of its sort, it
is potentially out
of date.

If you have concerns or quesitons about a specific routine or family of
routines, ask.
RTEMS has more than enough POSIX support to satisfy the requirements of
application code that has been ported to RTEMS.

>Thanks
>
>Alex

--joel