ISR Argument Proposal Request

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Feb 4 18:28:10 UTC 2003

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
 > On the R3000, the
> difference between an exception and an interrupt is very small and
> handling them all in one routine with one type of stack frame has some
> advantages.

On the other hand, this is false on many other processors as nowadays
IRQ dispatch, masking, prioritizing is usually done by programmable
interrupt controller. I would tend to agree that in general, raw
execption handling and irq handling are quite similar but we are not
talking about this here.

Another example : why would I like to store 255 void when I just have
seven or fifteen different irqs. Why shoul I push a frame when it is
used only by exception code and not irqs...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr