DOSFS Partition Table

Wolfram Wadepohl W.Wadepohl at indumat.de
Thu Feb 6 13:40:39 UTC 2003

Hello,

we ran in some trouble with the dosfs and the patition table. the new
sandisk ata cards are pretty preformatted and work well until you have
the need to reformat. with a simple format under windows 2000 the w2k
desktop is quite happy, but the filesystem cannot be mounted under
rtems/dosfs.

unfortunately we cannot readout the partition tables from pccards,
neither with w98 nor nt/w2k. partition magic supports only BIOS hard
disks not card service devices.

there are the following questions:

a) what partition has to be created on the ata card (i think primary dos
fat16)?
b) what creates a w2k format from disk maintenance / explorer? does it
change the partition table? does it create one if damaged or even not there?
c) how to initialize pccard correctly for use by dosfs?

--
Schöne Grüße aus Reutlingen

Wolfram Wadepohl
Entwicklung

--
INDUMAT GmbH & Co. KG
Transport- und Lagersysteme

Tel.  +49 (0)71 21/5 14-2 89
Fax   +49 (0)71 21/5 14-2 99
eMail W.Wadepohl at indumat.de
WWW   http://www.indumat.de
--

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint- (tm Microsoft)  Anhänge.
Senden Sie mir einfachen Text, HTML oder PDF.