rtems initilization, makefile & maling list archives !

Salman unix at gofree.indigo.ie
Sun Feb 9 12:57:25 UTC 2003

Hello everybody,

3 questions:

1. can all pci card (i386/pc386) initialization processes (initial
setup/memory allocations and hardware configurations) take place at
rtems_executive_early stage (similar to console & clock
initializations)?

2. each time I change makefiles or code, I need to run
bootstrap, configure and make
would the configure and make be smart enough to just compile the
modified sections, or do they compile the whole rtems?
is there faster way? short-cut like?

3. what's up with the mailing list archive? being a student, I know I
may ask silly questions from time-to-time but the mailing list is great
help to me, can we get it working again?

Thanks,

Salman