Powerpc IRQ handling breaks strict EABI compliance

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Thu Feb 13 15:39:09 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de> writes:
[...]
> > My reading of the output of powerpc-rtems-gcc --print-multi-lib shows
> > that
> > there are no libraries for -meabi which means there is no valid way to
> > link an EABI program.
> Exactly.
>
> Further _all_ -mno-eabi compiled programs try to link against __eabi.
>
> This is why I think eabi.h should be removed from the powerpc-rtems-clause
> in config.gcc.

But __eabi() surprisingly has almost nothing to do with EABI itself. I.e., it
does a lot of things and only part of them are EABI-specific :-( I begin to
believe that always calling __eabi() is intentional decision of gcc
developers. However, please take a look at my separate post about the issue to
see why __eabi() is useless for RTEMS anyway.

[...]

> However, I don't know if this would be reasonable (To me, the powerpc
> multilib-ing scheme already is insane ;) )

I'm second on this. Or I was first, then you are second :)

--
Sergei.