RTEMS web server

Thu Feb 20 14:06:22 UTC 2003

Valette Eric wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > I would be just as happy if the GoAhead webserver were NOT in the tree
> > and the official source had RTEMS patches and build instructions.  That
> > way the RTEMS port is always up to date.
>
> Sure. We even did it : we did provide them with port for Chorus and
> RTEMS. They just do not have taken care to integrate/maintain it when
> releasing new version. Readding the news, many other people have
> complained about this for other OS as well. So I'm affraid, going into
> this direction is not very practical.

:(

> > But updating the version in the source tree is important in the mean
> > time.
>
> It was just a warning so that goahead web server users are aware of it.
> Its very good for buidling sexy demo, not for prodcution...

OK.  Wendell, updating the source shouldn't be that bad.  Their porting
layer is fairly small.  It should be little more than updating the
source in the tree and verifying that the porting layer API hasn't
changed.

In the past, OAR has offered a "quick port" service in which we didn't
test
much but got a package to build for a user and let them test it to their
satisfaction.  This might be a good case for that service.  In this
case,
I would suspect that the GoAhead source could be updated in the tree
pretty quickly.  Since the port already exists, we could include running
the demo webserver in the effort.