RFC: new RTEMS IRQ requirements

Thu Feb 20 22:42:10 UTC 2003

Valette Eric wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't mind seeing the implementation either call the PIC vectoring
> > code as a subroutine or be broken into "prologue" and "epilogue" files
> > which
> > are concatenated with a "PIC vectoring" file to do the BSP/PIC specific
> > dirty work.
> >
> > I know it is an implementation detail but I don't like duplication and
> > I especially don't like duplicating code like the ISR handling code.
> > I am sure Till is tired of looking at all the various versions of the
> > same PPC assembly code by now. :)
>
> May I suggest to use m4 macros instead of cpp

Speaking strictly from a historical perspective.  RTEMS used to make
more use of m4 and it was a portability pain in the (*&^%#.  THe
situation may be better now but I somehow doubt it.

I recall that the original i386 port did use m4 to generate this code
but I can't find it in CVS since CVS ONLY goes back to 1995. :)