RFC: new RTEMS IRQ requirements

Valette Eric eric.valette at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 23:11:09 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Speaking strictly from a historical perspective.  RTEMS used to make
> more use of m4 and it was a portability pain in the (*&^%#.  THe
> situation may be better now but I somehow doubt it.

Sure, we should require gnu m4 to be installed not  system provided m4.
If memory serves I think ralph already pointed out that gm4 should be
present for autoconf, automake anyway...

> I recall that the original i386 port did use m4 to generate this code
> but I can't find it in CVS since CVS ONLY goes back to 1995. :)

ChorusOs irq handling was just as set a logical set of macros called in
the right order. High level, functionnal assembler :-)

-- eric