Timer resolution

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Thu Feb 20 23:15:20 UTC 2003

Hi,

If I might intrude for a moment with a simple user question; does
anyone know where or how I might discover the timer tick interval
limits for using the RTEMS network stack: i.e how often should
rtems_clock_tick() be called? I ask because it must have a bearing on
how well the TCP retransmit timers, etc will work, and I suspect there
is a minimum resolution requirement for 10Mbit and 100Mbit Ethernet...

Thanks for any assistance,

Nigel

---
"The Galaxy's a fun place. You'll need to have this fish in your ear."