IDE driver and sample up and running

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Sat Feb 22 10:18:54 UTC 2003

Hello,

as mentioned some weeks earlier, I have now finished writing
and testing low IDE drivers for the MBX8xx BSP (PCMCIA/Flash
card) and PC386. I will submit them as GNATS PRs as soon as
the oarcorp website is reachable again. In detail there are
the following packages:

- A small patch for the "shell" to display the "modification
time" in the "dir" listing (BTW: the shell is really great!)

- IDE driver additions from the MBX8xx and PC386 BSPs (based
on a sample I received from Eugeny Mints)

- some modifications to the FAT filesystem package (including
proper directory entry formating in "dot" notation and two
modifications to the interpretation of partition information)

- a "fsmount" module (located in mibmisc) to allow mounting of
file systems according to a customizable data structure table

- a "fileio" sample application, that allows to mount file
systems and perform various file read and file write
operations. This sample also allows benchmarking of file
systems.

My development is based on the snapshot rtems-ss-20021111
(with the newest FAT/DOSFS/ATA patches available), I hope it
will integrate well into the current source snapshots.

Joel, will they make it into the upcoming release? On the one
hand I think they are a major step to really USE the FATFS,
but I hope I won't break anything....

wkr,
	Thomas.
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany