fileio benchmarks

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Sat Feb 22 10:18:54 UTC 2003

Hello,

I my previous mail I forgot to mention benchmark results for
file I/O operations.

With my new sample application I tested the internal IMFS and
the DOSFS (with a Sandisk CompactFlash card) on a 133MHz i386
(ELANSC520) system. I got the following benchmark figures:

- file write to IMFS, with 64KByte block size for each
"write()" call: 4MByte/sec.

- file read to IMFS, with 64KByte block size for each "read()"
call: 20MByte/sec (!).

- file write to DOSS, with 64KByte block size for each
"write()" call: 180KByte/sec (polled driver, PIO mode).

- file read to DOSS, with 64KByte block size for each "read()"
call: 190KByte/sec (polled driver, PIO mode).

I think the figures are not SO bad, but some speedup might be
achived in the future.

wkr,
	Thomas Doerfler.
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany