gcc 3.2.2

Wed Feb 26 00:18:29 UTC 2003

Brett Swimley wrote:

> Joel/Group,
>
> You had mentioned that gcc 3.2.2 would not require any RTEMS patches.  I noticed
> that gcc 3.2.2 was released on Feb 5th.

I think that gcc 3.2.2 is extremely close to no patches.  The only ones
I know
of that were not in 3.2.2 were patches to make languages other than C,
C++ and Ada
recognize RTEMS as a target.  Since we did not know if any language
besides
those three actually worked, we ignored those patches.

But Ralf did mention some build problem and I don't recall the
resolution.
Ralf do you have a patch to 3.2.2 or is it time to turn the crank?

> What's the chance of turning a toolkit with 3.2.2?  Anything I should know if I
> wanted to take a stab at it (newlib & binutils versions and patches, etc.) or is
> this in the works and I should just be patient?

I think you should just be patient.  If Ralf doesn't have a patch for
whatever
it was he ran into, they don't take long to crank out.

And FWIW gdb 5.3 needs a crank also.