development vs. release branch

Fri Feb 28 19:09:05 UTC 2003

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> btw; whats the difference between your devel and release branches?
> Sorry if you've already gone over it and I'm just being dumb...

The release branch is feature complete and will only get bug fixes
from here out.  The most major activities that are envisioned
for the release branch are including a rewrite of the Development
Environment Guide (underway) and folding the Ada Getting Started
into the C/C++ since they are built out of the same tool source now.

Things I know of today that will NOT go on the release branch:

  + web server update
  + IRQ API work
  + Classic API blocking send on message queue
  + ...

So release branches tend to get fixes and no new development.