ISR Argument Proposal Request

Tue Feb 4 15:59:37 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Die, 2003-02-04 um 16.21 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
>
> > void _ISR_HANDLER( void *, frame * );
> >
> > with better names.  :)
> I have to reiterate my mantra: Please, don't use "void*", I want
> strictly named types.

I hope it is clear to all RTEMS users that any API we have control
over won't have a void * or int as an argument.  I would in fact
propose something like:

rtems_isr ISR_Handler( rtems_isr_argument, rtems_isr_frame * );

With rtems_isr and rtems_isr_argument being typedef'ed in
portable code, and rtems_isr_frame being ultimately CPU
dependent.

> Ralf

--joel