code size latest snapshop versus 200206

till strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 27 04:24:15 UTC 2003

Here are some more numbers (powerpc/svgm BSP):

rtems-ss-20020301:

   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
1562496      24360      77472    1664328     196548    o-optimize/rtems.exe

   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
 481684       6784      40297     528765      8117d
o-optimize/netboot.exe

rtems-ss-20030128-ssrl_patched (compiled with -msdata=eabi):

   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
1194392     243320      85504    1523216     173e10    o-optimize/rtems.exe

   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
 509133      12008      36121     557262      880ce
o-optimize/netboot.exe

netboot.exe is a small application using networking

rtems.exe OTOH, is a full-blown generic system including complete
RTEMS libraries, libc, cexp etc. As you can see, this application has
effectively become _smaller_ (note that some of the size reduction is
most likely due to the -msdata=eabi option which I used to compile
everything (except for libc, libgcc, i.e. the libraries who are part of the
toolchain).

-- Till