problem in building tools of rtems4.5.0

Fri Jan 10 14:28:30 UTC 2003

This was send to me instead of the list.

First you would probably be better starting with the current versions
of RTEMS.  Even though labeled snapshots, they are generally quite
stable and the tools are more recent versions.  They will also install
cleaner on newer Linux versions.

> hello,i download the cross tools of rtems4.5.0 from ftp.oarcorp.com,but after i install three rtems-base* rpm
> i want install the other RPM there are problems like this:
>  #rpm -i sparc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/rtems/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-rtems/2.95.2/cc1plus: cpio: MD5 sum mismatch

Tests fine on the server.  I can do an rpm -qlp on it and its md5sum
matches that recorded on th ftp server.  Maybe you got a bad download.

>  #rpm -i sparc-rtems-gdb-4.18-4.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libncurses.so.4 is needed by sparc-rtems-gdb-4.18-4

libncurses no longer installs by default with RedHat 7.x.  You have to
get and install that RPM.

>  has anybody met the problem?  how can i install them correctly?  my host :redhat 7.0

You might want to consider updating your system past RH 7.0.  There were
a lot of
issues with 7.0 and it didn't last that long as a release.  We build all
the current
RPMs on 7.3.