LLC question

Mirko Markov mmarkov at pupintelecom.co.yu
Tue Jan 21 12:10:24 UTC 2003

Hi,

We are planning to use Motorola 68360 with RTEMS in an ADSL bridge.
 So far we managed to send and receive ATM (i.e. AAL5) cells using ATOM1
microcode. When we receive a sequence of cells, we assemble them and get
LLC (bridged Ethernet) packets as described in RFC 1483. They consist of  a
10 byte header, and a payload (Ethernet frame).

So, basically I have a buffer with an LLC packet, and I don't know what to
do with it. I would like to make RTEMS think that it got through the network
and to forward it to the Ethernet . One way would be to write a 'fake'
network
driver, but I guess there should be a more elegant way to do it?!?

Ideally, what I need is the function that would take the buffer (Ethernet
frame,
including MAC addresses) and process it through TCP/IP stack.

Also, do I need to convert LLC frames to Ethernet ones (i.e. strip the
header)? I see some code dealing with LLC in netinet directory, but I never
saw anything about it on the list?!?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Best regards, Mirko