FQC API change was Re: RTEMS SS-20030128 available

Tue Jan 28 22:33:22 UTC 2003

Steven Johnson wrote:

> Joel,
>

> > FWIW I am not merging the API change to rtems_io_register_name.
> > It will be a post release item.
> >

> I assume you meant the API change to rtems_io_lookup_name I submitted?

Yes.  Could you please file it as a PR with gnats?  It makes things
easier to track.  My inbox is not as effective as it used to be. :(

http://www.oarcorp.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

Login as guest/guest

> Since this re-entrancy / race condition problem isn't going to be fixed
> in the next release, is there another way to do this, that is safe?
>
> If you don't mind me asking, what's the rationale in not changing it?

I hated to make an API change this close to a release.  I have changed
the subject and if no one complains, I will merge it.  My conservative
nature was coming through. :)