RTEMS SS-20030128 available --> My $0.02

Pogoda Don L Contr AFRL/VACC Don.Pogoda at wpafb.af.mil
Fri Jan 31 14:12:43 UTC 2003

With all these forks, spoons, knives, patches, snapshots, photos, branches, trees, limbs, etc, etc, it sure would be nice if someone would come up with an app note which, at the very least, provides references on how to understand all these concepts.  Ideally, it would describe how to maintain your development environment in detail.  Especially considering the various downloadable versions of 4.5 on the web site (i.e. the actual 4.5.0 link, the CD-Working version, etc, etc).

While the RTEMS documentation is pretty clear on the installation process from a given distribution (except where you are given untar instructions to uncompress a .bz2 file :) ), I am certainly lost on how all this other stuff.  Maybe a case of trying to learn RTEMS at the same time as trying to learn Linux!

For what it is worth .......

Don