TECLA configure questions

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Thu Jan 23 14:49:37 UTC 2003

"M.C.Shao" wrote:

> From: Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de>

> > I don't know libtecla, so I can't comment on it, but basically, there
> > exist several principles to configure a package for cross compilation,
> > example

The bit script in the add-on packages directory should take care of
this.  Most of the add-ons are all configured and built the same way.
For each package there's a makefile fragment in RTMES_Makefiles.  Here's
how I just built the libtecla package:

cd src/RTEMS/rtems-addon-packages-20030120/libtecla-1.4.1
export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems/i386-rtems/pc386
make -f ../RTEMS_Makefiles/Makefile.libtecla

Note that you must set the RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH environment variable to
reflect the architecture for which you're building.

The binutils package is 'experimental' and there as part of the work
needed to get the cexp package made an RTEMS add-on.  Because the
binutils source is so large it's not included in the add-on packages and
not built by the bit script.   The bit_bfd script needs to have
BINUTILS_SRC_DIR set to the location of the binutils source.

--
Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>
Advanced Photon Source