Rtems support dosfs on floppy disk?

Fri Jul 25 17:08:49 UTC 2003

Eugeny Mints wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As to dosfs - the answer is yes - dosfs implements FAT12 used on floppy
> disks.
>
> But right now it is impossible to use dosfs on floppy because floppy
> disks have another (not ATA) interface and currently there is now low
> level floppy driver in rtems (as I know). But I remember that some time
> ago somebody announced utilization of floppy disk with rtems.
> Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide any useful references:(

There might be something useful in
ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/contrib/fat12fs/

At one point, there were two competing FAT filesystem implementations.
This is just a FAT12 implementation though so was the other one was
picked and merged.  The FAT implementation Eugeny was part of the
team for includes a block device driver interface and caching support.

The FAT12 was by Camilo Alejandro Arboleda <carboleda at angelcomsa.com>
includes a floppy device driver but it precedes the libblock code so
would have to be modified to use that interface.

I would be very happy to merge floppy disk support along with
some READMEs.