How to submit fix for a bug?

Tue Jul 8 18:49:48 UTC 2003

mikeci at acm.org wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a question on how to submit a fix for a bug. I know that a diff is
> prefered but what in the case where you replace the whole file. I would
> like to submit a fix for a shell. In the present form this file is
> unreadable, so I applied a beautifier to it. In short I have two files
> shell.c and cmds.c which are now readable and with a bug fixed.
> The other question is related to MIPS R4000 support. Thanks to Greg this
> is working fine and I sent files related to the R4000 support to him. This
> includes support for MIPS32 processors. I think that this can be
> interesting to others.

RTEMS uses GNATS as a problem tracking system.  Go ahead and file a
problem report at http://www.oarcorp.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl.  In
this case, it looks like you have two things to report.

Put Greg Menke <gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov> as one of the other people
interested since he reviews all the mips stuff.  How is performance on
the mips32 looking?  What CPU model are you using?  If wouldn't happen
to be one of the Broadcom ones would it?

Attach the patch to the PRs and then you don't need to edit them later.

Improvements are always welcomed.

> Regards
>
> Ivica

--joel