Timing Test Suite

Wed Jul 16 17:44:50 UTC 2003

Bert wrote:

> Hi, in the RTEMS source direcrory
> c\src\lib\libbsp\sparc\erc32, there
> is a file named "times", it describes
> "Timing Test Suite Results for the
> SPARC Instruction Simulator BSP".
> Here are two questions:
>
> (1) The Timing Test Suite is the test
> sample c\src\tests\tmtests\tmoverhd
> or not? if not, how to get the
> Timing Test Suite?

The Timing Test Suite is the set of tests
under the directory c/src/tests/tmtests.
tmoverhd is just one of them. It's output
is used by those BSPs which want to fill in
the file coverhd.h with real values.

> (2) What is the difference between the
> results in file "times" and the ERC32
> timing data in the document "RTEMS SPARC
> Applications Supplement"?

Probably gather running against different versions
of RTEMS.  If they are old enough, it is also possible
that there is a difference because the simulator used
to be for a different clock speed ERC32.  The numbers
10, 14, and 15 Mhz come to mind but I don't remember
what the change was.