GDB and gdbserver - remote serial protocol

Wed Jun 4 13:22:21 UTC 2003

Raja Saleru wrote:

> Hi
>
> while remote debugging the application using gdb and gdbserver, the user at
> host side can use the
> remote protocol commands only ? or standard gdb commands ? or both ?

Once communication to the target has been established, the user
interface
to gdb is independent of the protocol used to communicate with the
target.
So using gdb natively, with a simulator, or with a remote target via the
serial
protocol is all the same after you get connected to the target.