Porting of Zmodem

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 2 16:31:34 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill writes:

 > > Brijesh Shukla wrote:
 > >
 > > Hello all,
 > > I want to port zmodem protocol on Itron standard RTOS.
 > > Can any body help me.
 >
 > Start with the source for zmodem and see what assumptions it
 > makes about the target environment.  What service calls does
 > it make?
 >
 > My guess is that it is probably easier to just continue to
 > use POSIX services as the zmode code already works under
 > UNIX.

I think the main issues for porting something like lrzsz to ITRON will
be related to tty and file i/o.  The rest of the protocol principally
involves maintaining state and shoveling data around.  OTOH, zmodem
has been around for ages, it wouldn't suprise me if there are other
non-posix implementations that might be easier to force into ITRON.

Gregm