Discrepencies in the Porting Manual

David Dudley rtems-users at StarBlade.com
Thu Mar 6 17:19:18 UTC 2003

Lets see....
1. Starting on Page 5 of the Porting Manual
  "c/src/exec/...."  That path does not exist.  I assume that you actually
mean "cpukit/score/..." as the base path

2. I don't see anything in the manual regarding make files, or directory
layout, or any details on how to actually "construct" the port, although
there is a description of some of the routines.
<nitpicking mode> Also, it seems to me, that a portion of the bsp manual
should actually be in the porting manual (a major part, maybe), since it
seems to actually be directed more toward porting than the porting
manual.</nitpicking mode>

3. How do you define which parts should be in "libbsp" and which parts are in
"libcpu"?  For instance, on this AVR, there are IO and ANALOG ports on the
device itself, so are they a part of the cpu, or bsp?  From what I can
gather, it appears to me that libcpu is for items supported by the cpu
itself, and libbsp is for supplemental items supported by the "board".  Is
that right?

Thanks-
David Dudley
Director, New Products Development